Coach Vallarelli is a college coach, club director and professional lacrosse player in both the Women's Field Game and the Men's Box Lacrosse Game. She also runs her own business, RV Lacrosse, which focuses on In-Person and Virtual Training, College Recruiting Services, Events, Clinics, Camps, Leagues and Teams in both box and field disciplines of the game.
A current StringKing Sponsored Athlete, Vallarelli loves inspiring the next generation of players, in both the men's and women's game as well as in both lacrosse disciplines of field and box.
High School - School Of The Holy Child
Vallarelli brings a wealth of coaching and playing experience with her. A 2011 graduate of School of the Holy Child in Rye, N.Y., she starred at goalie for the Gryphons’ lacrosse squad, earning 4 Varsity letters and helping the team to having its first ever winning record, and playoff berths after that. She holds the record for career saves and holds second and third place for Single Season Saves. Her career high was 24 stops versus Greenwich Academy her Senior Year.
US 19 National Team
During her time at Holy Child and before she committed to play at UMass, Vallarelli was selected to the US U19 National Team squad and has been in the US System since 2010.
University of Massachusetts
She continued her lacrosse career at the University of Massachusetts, where she started in goal for three seasons, earning numerous accolades along the way. During her goalie days at UMass, Vallarelli registered 48 victories and had a goals-against-average of 6.77 — both of which ranks second in program history.
- Her career goals-against-average is eighth in NCAA history,
- Her 2015 GAA is 10th in NCAA History and
- She was the NCAA save percentage champion in 2015 (.523).
- She is also a 2 time NCAA GAA Runner Up (6.26 in 2014 and 5.77 in 2015)
- UMass won four consecutive Atlantic 10 championships and was undefeated in Conference play (with 4 NCAA Tournament Appearances & 2 First Round Wins) while Vallarelli played goalie.
- She was selected as the conference’s Defender of the Week seven times and earn the 2015 Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year Award.
After playing at UMass, Vallarelli took her lacrosse skills to the professional level, becoming a member of the Baltimore Ride, which is part of the United Women’s Lacrosse League and is a Free Agent in the WPLL.
New York Athletic Club
Coach Vallarelli also plays professionally for the New York Athletic Club.
Central California Lacrosse Club
Vallarelli has also played some men's field lacrosse as well and is an alum of the Central California Lacrosse Club.
Box Lacrosse Experience
In the Box Lacrosse realm,
- Vallarelli was the first woman to ever play and start in the IBLA while playing for the Cambridge Nor'Easters.
- She was also the first woman ever invited to the NLL US Elite Combine and NLL Toronto Combine in 2019 and is an NLL Free Agent.
- Vallarelli was selected to invite-only tryout camp for the New York Riptide of the National Lacrosse League.
- And was then the first woman drafted into the Canadian Arena Lacrosse League for the Whitby Steelhawks.
- She also plays for the Boston Blazers of the BBLL and for the Lasersharks Box Lacrosse Club and signed to the NYC Spiders (IBLA Senior A) for the 2020 season. Vallarelli also plays with the Lightkeepers in the B3L.
College coaching stops for Vallarelli, prior to Bard, include Manhattanville College - where she was the Acting Head Coach and Recruiting Coordinator; Purchase College - where she coached both the men’s and women’s teams, Fresno State, Villanova University, and Wagner College. She was responsible for recruiting, player development, alumni outreach, practice planning and game scheduling, scouting, fundraising coordinator, compliance liaison, and social media, during her time.
On the field, Vallarelli was responsible for Goaltender and Draw/Face Off Team Development, Offensive and Defensive
schemes, Rides and Clears, as well as all other facets of the game. Vallarelli was also the Head Coach for Greenwich High School for the 2019 Season.
Throughout her coaching journey, Vallarelli has coached numerous All Americans, Academic All Americans, All Conference/League/Section Players, Athletes of the Year, Academic Athletes of the Year, Rookies of the Year, All Tournament Selections, All Star Team Selections, School Record Holders, Conference Statistical Champions, Conference Statistical Leaders, Single Season Record Holders and Nationally Ranked Statistical Leaders.
Outside of playing or coaching, Vallarelli is a contributing writer for USA Lacrosse and is an avid photographer as well. She received a bachelors
degree in Sports Management from the Mark H McCormack Department of Sport Management at Isenberg during her time at UMass and is currently working towards her Masters in Sports Buisness Management from Manhattanville College.
Vallarelli resides in Hartsdale, NY with her dog Tulip and her betta fish, Batman.